Knee replacement surgery may prove very helpful for individuals with severe arthritis. This popular treatment reduces stiffness and pain with a success rate of 95%, enabling improved movement and an eventual return to an active way of life. Getting arthritis surgery in Maryville, IL can positively affect a person’s quality of life, but it is not a panacea. If you suffer from painful knee arthritis and are planning knee replacement surgery to alleviate the pain, consider the following information:
What causes arthritis?
The umbrella term arthritis pertains to joint pain or joint disease. In accordance with the Arthritis Foundation, there are over 100 varieties of arthritis and associated conditions. Some of the most common forms of arthritis include:
- Osteoarthritis – a degenerative ailment induced by wear and strain, and overuse of the joints; frequently associated with old age, joint injury, or obesity.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune condition that causes joint inflammation and extensive joint degeneration.
- Psoriatic arthritis is an inflammatory disease defined by uncontrolled inflammation of the joint spaces.
- Gout – pain and inflammation induced by the accumulation of uric acid deposits in a joint; typically characterized by flare-ups lasting between 3 and 10 days.
Knee replacement: what is it?
One of the most prevalent forms of arthritis is osteoarthritis of the knees. Inherited bone structure, repetitive injury (as from sports or occupations, such as floor installer or agricultural worker), and obesity frequently lead to cartilage breakdown in the knee. As the cartilage deteriorates, bone-on-bone rubbing causes pain, joint stiffness, limited range of motion, and other symptoms that can weaken muscles and increase the risk of stumbling. The associated pain and distress may trigger depression symptoms.
Knee replacement surgery is a process that involves extracting diseased or damaged knee tissue and replacing it with a plastic and metal prosthesis. With proper maintenance, physical therapy, and a healthy lifestyle, a new knee can last for at least 20 years. Despite the fact that high-impact sports and exercises should be avoided, you can still live an active lifestyle. These include biking, dancing, swimming, hiking, and playing golf, among other enjoyable pastimes.
Knee replacement surgery has many advantages.
If you struggle with wrecked and painful knee joints, do not let the fact that a knee replacement will not cure your arthritis dissuade you from truly contemplating it. undergoing knee replacement surgery has numerous benefits, including:
- Pain alleviation
- Enhanced flexibility
- Mobility enhancement
- High achievement rates
- Resume pleasurable endeavors
- Enhanced life satisfaction
Speak to a doctor!
It is always the best choice to seek professional advice from an expert. Therefore, make sure to speak to a doctor.